CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's official...

I'm knocked up! Hello Baby Q! I'm exactly 14 weeks today so it seemed like a good time to come out with it on blog world.

I had a inkling back in late September that something was going on. I took a pregnancy test on the night of September 29th. The test popped up almost immediately with a "positive" sign. I had to lean on the bathroom counter for support. I had not informed Grant that I was going to take a test so he was blissfully unaware that his life had just changed drastically as he climbed into bed. Or thought he was climbing into bed...

I called Grant into the bathroom and simply said, "Will you look at this?". I'll admit, there was more shock than joy in my voice only because IT IS THE WEIRDEST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD! He came in, looked at the test, looked over the instructions, and uttered one single "Huh". I can't remember exactly what I said but I'm sure it went something like, "I think I'm pregnant then." Grant's response, so classic, was "Well, we'll see what the doctor says." My response, "Grant, it's science. You can't have a false positive. You're a scientist...it's pretty black and white."

And that is the slightly ridiculous story we'll tell our child about the night we found out we were pregnant. Poor kid, he or she couldn't get anything a little more story-book. Not from the Qualleys!

The next morning we took one more test and began calling our immediate family. I think that's when it became more real and exciting for Grant. Getting to tell our family they'd be grandparents or aunts or uncles was a truly fun way to begin this journey with Baby Q.
*This picture was taken 3 days before the pregnancy test while camping at Enchanted Rock. Who knew!

More to come!

8 comments:

Veronica

I TOOK THAT PICTURE!! :) I took a picture of 3 people and I didn't even know it! :)

Anonymous

Congratulations...again! Can't wait to meet the new Qualley!!!

cmf9ferrell

I love your story...makes me laugh! Baby Q is already very loved by his/her Aunt Cari and I can't wait to meet your little Q!

Sarah

Woohoo! congrats again Mama!

Mel Lanier

Sooo happy for you and Grant!

Sarah's Aunt Mel

Emily

Wow Baby Q elicited an unheard of before comment from Aunt Mel - that must mean it's HUGE news!! :) Congrats! I love that story.

Olivia

Can't wait!! So excited for Baby Q!! Love that picture of you and Grant too!

L

So sweet story ;)
Now your baby's with you, this is such a beautiful thing!
Hope your little man will have always the best from life :)
Kisses from Italy
L.

Post a Comment