CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mom's Turn in the Water!



Last Monday I had my follow-up OB appointment and got the all-clear to resume my normal life. During my pregnancy, my doctor was my biggest supporter of being in the pool and attributed my easy nine months to so much time spent in the water. He knew I was chomping at the bit to get back into the pool and seemed as excited as I was when he said it was safe for me to get back to life as a fish.

That Monday night, I hopped in the bathtub with Barrett and began training my baby fish. I spent time letting him float on his back and got him comfortable submerging his whole body under the water while I held his head. He seemed so relaxed and would even look up and smile at me while he kicked his teeny feet. We practiced my new favorite mommy-and-me moment every night and I think it really paid off at his swim class this past Friday.

Instead of completing 20 minutes of class like last week, we were able to do the entire 30 because Barrett was much more relaxed and engaged. He was so mellow, in fact, that he actually slept the last 10 minutes of class but I'm counting it a success! We are one class closer to the Olympics!



















1 comments:

Emily

Oh these pictures are SO sweet. So very maternal.

Post a Comment