CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 14, 2012

10 months!



Prior to April 6th, I wondered what it would mean for me to have a ten-month old. Three words. Busy little clown. I am constantly chasing, redirecting, and laughing at Barrett. A day at our house is never dull! Heart-stopping as he climbs and grabs? Yes. Dull? No time for that!


*Barrett went from occasionally pulling up in his crib to pulling up on everything in sight. He loves to cruise around from place to place. Oh the view from two feet!


*Barrett has transformed his army-crawl into a classic hands-and-knees crawl. From time to time, he'll drag one leg behind him, which G-Dad has coined the "crippled lamb" crawl.


*Bear's hair has grown like a weed in the last month. He has those sweet baby curls in the back and on especially humid days, his whole head gets a bit unruly. It works well with his wild personality.


*Barrett, always the chatterbox, seems to understand more when we talk to him. He says "hi", "bye" and will finish the phrase "let's go" if I start with "let's". More than once, I've answered my cell phone with "hey", only to hear a small voice say "hey" from his high-chair. Hearing Barrett chat it up never gets old!


*We are starting to receive Bear-kisses, which leaves big drool spots on our cheeks, chin, and mouth. He can be quite affectionate!


*Barrett took his first carousel ride at the zoo last weekend when his Aunt Caitlin and Uncle Duke came into town. The movement of the ride seemed to make him more sleepy than excited.


*Bear still loves to eat and discovered how yummy and fun spaghetti can be. He also likes cheese ravioli, hasbrowns, flatbread, and drinking from my cup of water (which quickly becomes his cup with all the floaties he leaves). Barrett would always prefer veggies and fruit to anything else. I'll take that!


With every day that I survive my little tornado, I grow more crazy about him. We hit the jackpot with this kid. :)

1 comments:

Emily

I LOOOOOVE that picture of him! And maybe it's just been too long since my little girls were 10 months old (tear) but 10 months seems SO early for him to be talking so much!

Post a Comment