CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

12 Months...and Beyond!

Now over two months ago, Barrett hit his 1-year mark! A lot has happened since June 6th, but we must document this huge day! On the actual day, Grant was in Atlanta for a conference and ended up getting stuck there due to weather. Poor Daddy Bear! He spent his 30th and his son's 1st birthday away from his family! Thankfully, Bear had plenty of family members around to party with him! Sug, Grammy, Aunt Cookie, and I took him out for a birthday lunch, which he was much too busy to eat. Then Aunt Cookie and I took him to swim at a local water park.

The weekend after his birthday, family gathered to celebrate our big boy. Both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even great aunts and uncles came together to party! Barrett was beyond spoiled with all kinds of toys, books, and clothes. He got a tent full of balls with a matching tunnel. He received a farm, a walker, and his favorite toy was a bright red fire-truck from his Uncle Duke that he immediately started playing with. He was so excited about it that he wasn't interested in opening any more presents!

Barrett loved his smash-cake, though it took a couple of minutes for him to figure out that it was all for him! Once he understood that, he went into destruction mode! And then promptly fell into a sugar-coma. Life was good to Barrett on his special day! He fell asleep at 6:30pm without any dinner while the rest of the family continued to celebrate.

Welcome to life as a 1-year old, Bear!





4 comments:

thewoodenspoongirl

Oh my goodness! I LOVE your month by month record keeping. That is so neat! Especially the little white shirts with the numbers on them. Simply adorable. :)

I don't have any babies of my own yet, my husband and I are coming up on our one year anniversary next month, and I just turned 20 in July. We've talked about having kids a great many times, and I've started accumulating baby things here and there. I'd love to find shirts like yours. Too cool. :) And sweet baby too.

thewoodenspoongirl

And no, I'm not stalking :) I hit "next blog" after mine and yours is what came up. I'm so glad I did. Have a fabulous Tuesday!

Mama Q

Thank you so much for the kind words!

S. Domino

I love the sugar coma face!

Post a Comment