CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yep, he's mine...

The older Barrett gets (15 months), the more I see myself in him. At times this fills me with wonder and at other times, absolute terror. Oh to see yourself through your children...a truly humbling experience!

Barrett is a chocolate LOVER. There are bad teething days when normal food is slapped off the plate, but M&M's or a cupcake are met with a happy scream. Bear knows the Chickfila chocolate chip cookie well and greedily shoves huge bites into his mouth. Smart boy. The end result is a chocolate-covered toddler who the staff knows as the "Cookie Boy". Who couldn't love him? Most ladies love chocolate and love chubby-cheeked kids. Put the two together and you've got a combination that no one can resist!

On a less sweet note is Barrett's fiery temper. I, according to my poor mother, was a troublesome toddler. To this day, I'm still head-strong and am working on my short fuse. With his newfound freedom on two feet, Barrett has places to go and does not want his mama in his space! The energy and passion that he puts into making his opinion known is impressive, to say the least.

Dogs are a major fascination for Bear. Despite the fact that he couldn't win over our old dog, Maggie, he has still yet to meet a dog he doesn't love! I know the feeling! Thanks to my dad the dog-lover, I've been dog-crazy for as long as I can remember. Barrett wakes up in the morning looking for "Tech" our black lab...also known as Tex. He cuddles Tex, lays on his, crawls over him, and throws the ball for him. He shrieks when he sees dogs out walking or dogs on tv.

Barrett is LOUD. LOUD LOUD LOUD. If you've ever talked to me in-person, you know that my voice booms and carries. My laugh is slightly out of control and can be picked out in a crowd. Bear is no different. Whether he's just waking up and talking into the montior or laughing at his goofy dad, Barrett's voice is always heard. It goes well with his funny personality.

It's a given that your children will have at least one or two traits similar to their parents, but when you see them actually maifesting themselves, it can be a shock. That's the place where I am now. I see a little person with his own personality and habits emerging and the wonder of having my little man is reborn all over again.