CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More from those funny kiddos...

  • A few weeks ago, I was talking to one of our 8 year old swimmers. We were talking about how breaststroke is a lot like driving a car. There are lots of things to think about and you have to get to the point where it's second nature. I said, "You know Lucas, seeing as how you're a driver and all, right?" Lucas replied, "Not yet". Just for fun I said, "Well, when you get your license, what kind of car will you get?". Lucas replied, "Some kind of truck, hopefully with a king cab". "Lucas!", I said, "I'm a big fan of trucks! Something to put the dogs in the back of, huh?". To which Lucas responded, "Well, not me, I just want to make sure it's something big enough to put the wife and kids in".

  • Last week one of my favorite two-year old classes was quickly falling apart. Henry had taken a big fall before swim class and skinned his elbow. Every time Henry climbed out of the water or climbed in, he cried about his hurt elbow. It was breaking my heart. I finally said, "Henry, if I gave you a gummy, would it help your elbow?". Henry nodded, so I opened up my little cup of gummy bears and offered it to Henry. Henry took the cup of candy and put his elbow in it. SO adorable! "Oh no, Henry, that's not what I meant", I said. I took out one red gummy bear and gave it to him. He proceeded to put the gummy on his hurt elbow. I couldn't help laughing and gave him another gummy bear to eat.

  • I actually have another two-year old named Henry. Recently we were about to sing our "Pancake Song" and float on our back in the water. I asked Henry what kind of pancake he wanted to be. He decided he wanted to be an icecream pancake. I told Henry how yummy that sounded. We climbed in the water, sang our song, and then rolled back over onto our tummies to go back to the wall. I said, "Henry, you'd better swim to that wall because I want to eat your icecream toes!". With a piercing scream that left my ears ringing, Henry yelled, "No! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! Please don't eat my toes!". He was completely serious. I said, "Ok, Henry, you're safe this time." Sometimes I just can't help it.

2 comments:

Emily

I love your kiddo stories! And it REALLY makes me wish Hazel was in your class.

Sarah

Oh, I agree. I wish you could teach Micah. That'd be so great. You're such a good teacher!! And I know because I watched you with the midgets..er...munchkins.

Post a Comment