CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2 months!

Another month has flown by! Barrett Ryan is now 2 months old and getting more adorable and fun by the minute! (I realize I'm a little biased, but hey, it's my blog!)

Barrett seems to be churning out new tricks every day. He recently started "talking". Every morning after he eats, the babe and I sit in bed and coo at each other for at least 20 minutes. Barrett's favorite things to say are "oh" in a cute little high-pitched voice and "ga ga ga". He has all kinds of other fun noises like gurgling, but has started to do less of the "bah" and "chipmunk" noises that were so frequent the first month. Barrett also loves when we sing together. Grant observed that I seem to sing to his son "all day long". His favorite song is "Skip to my Loo". I also recite the book "Going on a Bear Hunt" to him. Both of these things make him completely light up. He gets huge eyes, a giant smile, and will watch me like a big kid watches tv.

Baby boy has also discovered that his hands are great for sucking. And it is LOUD...like everything else he does. He has tuned in to his play-gym and will now lay under it for long periods, kicking at the hanging toys, and talking to them. He loves to wiggle and never seems to stop moving. (I have a feeling this is foreshadowing for the future!) Our little man loves to watch our dogs and is already used to licks on the face and barks in the face. He is a nature-lover and is content to sit or take a walk outside as long as he has trees and clouds to look at.

Barrett still hates tummy-time, but is even going so far as to punish me by staying grumpy long after we've finished practicing. I can hold him around his torso, though, and he will hold his head up while we chat. He doesn't seem to enjoy long stretches in the car anymore, which isn't good because we've been traveling a lot! Maybe it's this unrelenting Texas heat. Welcome home, little guy! He does allow me to get out at least once a day on errands around town and I enjoy getting to show off my studly babe.

This has definitely been a fun month as I've gotten into the swing of mommy-hood and am able to interact more with Barrett. He is my constant little pal and it's hard to remember life without my red-headed sidekick.


3 comments:

mrshughes

Oh, you give me baby fever! So precious!

Emily

I can wait to see him next month!!

Sarah

He looks so much like Grant! You sound positively happy!!

Post a Comment