CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Barrett Meets his Great-Grandparents

This past weekend, Bear took his first plane ride to Ohio to meet his only surviving great-grandparents, Grandma & Grandpa Marshall (my mom's parents). I was pleasantly surprised by helpful airport staff and friendly "co-fliers" as I braved the skies with my 4-month old. It didn't hurt that my mom flew with us and was quick to lend a hand. (Grant was in San Fran for work.) Barrett loved looking out the plane window, chatting with nearby fliers, and catching a quick nap. I could tell that those around us breathed a sigh of relief when they realized they were flying with an extremely happy baby. I did too!



















Grandma & Grandpa were thrilled to meet Bear and made constant comments about what a happy, cute baby he is. (No arguments there!) They loved calling him Bear and Grandpa even gave his new buddy some extra nicknames like "Louie" and "Rambo". Grandpa & Barrett became fast friends. Bear loved when Grandpa would put him in a "baby trance" by whispering secrets into his ear. We weren't sure what Grandpa was telling Bear, but it was important enough that Bear would become very still and his eyes would widen. It was really sweet to watch.























After seeing Bear & Grandpa together, it was pretty evident whose genes my boy has inherited. Grandpa has definitely passed down his cheeks and ears to Barrett. We found an old picture of Grandpa as a boy (he's on the right) and after comparing them with my munchkin, we couldn't believe the resemblance!




























Can you see the resemblance??

1 comments:

Emily

Such a sweet picture of him with his great-grandparents. I never knew mine (for that matter, I really didn't know most of my grandparents either) so I think it's so special to see that!

Post a Comment