CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Part I-The Farm

Last Wednesday morning, as is quickly becoming tradition for Grant & I, we drove up to Cushing, Oklahoma to spend time at the Ryan Farm for Thanksgiving. The idea is to spend fun-time together with Grant's side of the family, doing outdoor activities like fishing, shooting the guns, riding the go-cart, etc. And it definitely IS fun. It is a tradition I am glad has been passed on to me--now as part of Grant's family.

The day started out the way last year did. Maggie, our wonder dog, hopped right into the cow pasture and started herding cattle. Who knows where they were going, but when Maggie barked and ran, those cows did what they were told.


















This is the end-result of some hardwork on Maggie's part.


















After Uncle Dudley told us that Maggie was no longer welcome in the cow pasture (he was afraid of her running the cows into the fences), Grant, Caitlin, & I took the dogs down to the fishing hole to enjoy some late-November swimming.





















It was SO great to see my favorite sister-in-law after several months. Just the year before Caitlin & I had been neighbors in Norman so it was nice to spend the whole day playing with her and being silly.

Speaking of, Caitlin & I enjoyed one of our favorite farm activities together. G0-carting in the cow pastures!

Stay tuned for a continued blog on this year's adventures at the farm. There was actually a go-cart accident and Caitlin & I actually had nothing to do with it!

2 comments:

Emily

I love how when y'all drive by screaming on the gocarts, the cows don't even look up, but little Maggie can get them a-runnin'.

Sarah

Caitlin's hair looks so pretty short like that. Looks like y'all had fun. I love Maggie and the cows! What did Tex do during all that commotion?

Post a Comment