CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Erin's Bachelorette Bash '08

I have a lot of reasons to back up the opinion that every girl needs a sister. Sharing clothes, knowing someone well enough that they can be painfully honest with you (whether you ask for it or not), and having a personal built-in secret-keeper in the family are all reasons to love having that crazy girl who looks like you by your side. But I've discovered another reason I am thankful to have a sister. Getting to throw the bachelorette party! A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of throwing my bride-to-be sister, Erin, a bachelorette party that I'm sure she'll never forget. Of course I can't divulge too much information about the crazy night, but it was one that we both agreed we'd love to re-live over and over again.

I rented a room at the Embassy Suites in downtown Austin. (When I asked Erin where she'd like her big night held, she requested that we do it up big in Austin. I, of course, was beyond happy with that request!) In all, we had seven girls at Erin's party. We did games, cake (of the erotic variety, what else?), and a lingerie shower in the hotel room.
We ate dinner at Hula Hut, on Lake Austin. I picked Hula Hut because it is authentically "Austin" and the view on the lake is gorgeous. I wanted to make sure that all the girls felt they'd come to Austin and soaked in as much as possible.
As the hours of celebration wore on, we took our party of 7 out to 6th Street in Austin, a street famous (or infamous, however you see it) for knowing how to "do it up big". Again, as the matron of honor, I'm sworn to keep the juicier parts of that night to myself. But please believe there was plenty of dancing, "wahooing", and memories were made. Congrats to a sister who I couldn't wait to throw this party for! I love you!

2 comments:

Emily

I wish I had a sister!!

Sarah

Looks like fun!! Congratulations Erin!

Post a Comment