CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Favorite Pictures of 2008

In honor of 2008, a year chocked full of the new--new moves, new relationships, new family members, and new adventures--I stole a little idea. (Thanks, Emily!) I am posting my top 10 favorite pictures of the year. Let me preface this by saying this was extremely hard for me to do. Those of you who know me are used to seeing me with a camera in my hand. I took thousands of pictures in '08 and to narrow it down to 10 literally made me sad. There are just too many
on my little computer that hold huge memories for me. They pull at my heart-strings every time I look at them and they make me so grateful for a life chocked full of laughter, fierce and undying love, silliness, and joy. May you all be so blessed when you look back at your 2008...

December-Erin's Bachelorette Bash '08. I love this picture of Erin's favorite girls toasting to her adventures that await her as a new bride. Throwing Erin's bachelorette party was definitely one of the highlights of my 2008.


December-Grant's Christmas party for his company at the Hilton in downtown Austin. Marriage may not always be the easiest thing in the world, but this picture shows that the little moments remind you of it's great worth.

November-Tex & Maggie at Lake Travis. This picture sums up the sweet life the dogs now have, thanks to our move to Austin. Every day is a new little adventure for them. Nothing makes me happier than watching our "family" play and love life.

October-I love this picture, despite its bad quality. It totally captures the Melson family. Totally ridiculous and happy. (And full of dogs.) We were taking an OU picture (OU/TX Weekend) and instead of doing the traditional OU "horns down", Mom was doing "horns up", synonomous with UT. Ryan tried correcting her, which lead to Mom banging her hand on the stove and cutting it. Those Melsons...


September-Austin City Limits! This picture is an obvious favorite because of the beautiful Austin skyline in the background. Kind of our theme picture of 2008.

September-Large Marge the Party Barge. I laugh every time I see this picture. Grant had a blast repeatedly jumping off the party barge at Lake Travis. Because his hands are blurry, it almost looks like he's trying to fly.

June-Olivia's Bachelorette party. I dare you to tell me that this dancing picture of Emily & I is not a classic. Two dancing queens in a face-off. Life doesn't get better than this.

May-Emily's Homecoming! Emily arrived home from Southeast Asia after living there for three years. Grant & I drove to Houston as a surprise to welcome Em back to the Lonestar State. I just love how ecstatic Lindsey & I look to be able to hug our girl.

May-My birthday. Maggie spent Cinco de Mayo night cleaning up the apartment. She was determined to get rid of all my pink balloons. Thank you?
March-Master's Oklahoma City Swim Meet. This was one of the best things I could've done for myself this year. Although it was a small meet, it was just what I needed to boast my confidence in swim and remind myself that doing things outside of my comfort zone is very necessary.
















1 comments:

Emily

YEA! I loved this post. Is it weird that the dancing pic made my top 20 list before I had to narrow it down? I was wondering what would be on your list, and I knew you had to put a swim meet picture on there. I LOVE the picture of Maggie with the balloons. She is a little goofball. I also love the Austin City Limits picture! Looks like I have comments for every picture pretty much. :)

Post a Comment