CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wedding Weekend-Part II (Here comes the bride!)

After an early morning of hair appointments, checking into the hotel, decorating the ceremony & reception rooms, and getting ourselves ready, the time had come for Chris and Erin to get married! Their wedding began at 1:30pm and as Erin finished getting ready, she truly looked like a princess.
The entire weekend, Erin was extremely relaxed & seemed completely at ease with her big wedding plans and ready to get the show on the road. :) Even as we walked up to the big double doors and we snapped one final picture as Miss Erin Melson, she was all smiles.
Our Grandpa Marshall officiated the wedding. Grant said that as Chris came in and saw everyone sitting in the ceremony, he began to cry. What a sweet day!I served as Erin's matron of honor and Chris's Grandpa Joe stood as his best man.
The ceremony lasted about ten minutes. There were happy tears from both the wedding party and the guests. As Erin & Chris said "I do", our dad came up and prayed with both of them. After Grandpa announced "Mr. and Mrs. Chris Semprun", Erin & Chris walked back up the aisle to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness. Very fitting! I was the first to enter the lobby where Erin & Chris were waiting to greet their guests. I found them hugging tightly and whispering happily into each other's ears. I have never been so truly happy for my sister.

As the guests came out and congratulated the bride & groom, I watched Chris & his mom embrace and cry joyful tears. This was a day that we'd all hoped and prayed for.

Erin really was the prettiest bride I'd ever seen. After family pictures were taken, it was time to head to the reception. You can tell I was ready to eat some lunch and put on my dancing shoes!
As we all made our way to the reception, Erin & Chris went off to have more pictures taken. It was no surprise that as they made their way down the hotel's lobby staircase, they turned a few heads.

1 comments:

Emily

Congrats Erin and Chris!! I know I've already said it on facebook, but I LOVE Erin's hair and makeup - beautiful bride! And you, Ashley, look incredible, as well!

Post a Comment