CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fix-Up the Entry-Way

I just want to say a quick thanks for the input you all have been giving me. It really is helping to get my creative juices flowing. And those of you who know me are doing a great job at suggesting things that really would be in Ashley's house. :) I will be sure to post new pictures when your ideas are reality!

So my entry-way is a tricky one because of the high ceilings and funky wall-shapes. I had an idea to put a big collage picture-frame on the slanted way and then add an eclectic group of smaller pictures frames all around it. Sort of like a wall of pictures? It's one of the first things you see when you enter the house so I'd like it to be representative of Grant & I.

Oh! And since taking this picture, I did buy a rustic, metal sign with the verse, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". Grant was kind enough to put that above our front door. With that in mind, do I have too many square objects right at the front door?

This is one of my favorite little touches to the house but I am stumped as to how to use it. The sellers of the house had a few fake plants on this ledge, but that just seems like the easy way to go. I know I could use the ledge to display different seasonal decorations but how? Ideas?
Another view of the entry-way and ledge. I guess I've also got the wall next to the stairs to worry about decorating, as well. Geez!

3 comments:

Emily

1. A runner or welcome mat with a Texas-y look
2. I love your verse over the door sign!
3. I think your idea to decorate by season is a great one! I know Sarah will have lots of ideas about that. You can start just collecting little things here and there to put up there. Colored vases, little nick-nacks, etc. That ledge doesn't look very easy to get to, so would switching out every 3 months be a hassle?
4. If you google images with Texas decor ideas, or whatever term you want to call it, you can get some good ideas, I bet.

Longest comment EVER. (and I even commented again on your living room/kitchen post)

Sarah

I agree that a runner would be great! I think your entry-way and ledge are easy to decorate. Head to Hobby Lobby, buy big artwork (or lots of frames) and anything you think is pretty will work on the ledge. Or since you're going with a rustic theme, why not search old stores or ebay for a collection of old cowboy boots and cowboy hats to display up there. that could be fun. You could get a really tall vase to sit on the floor by the front door and put some pretty rustic branches in it.

K Jolly

Do you remember my parents' house from the bridesmaid luncheon last year? They have all different kinds of frames going up that wall by the stairs and it looks awesome!

Post a Comment