CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008

I've got my work cut out for me...

My excitement about moving to Austin is quickly being threatened with stress over all there is to do before we leave...and even after we get there. Application fees for our new apartment, canceling our current electricity account, finding boxes to pack, friends/family wanting to spend time with us before we hit the road, renting a UHaul...the list unfortunately goes on and on. There are just so many to-do's to check off the list as we face our last two and a half weeks as Okies. But the fun doesn't stop there! Starting new renters insurance, getting new Texas drivers licenses, setting up Grant's much-needed cable (complete with no less than 60 HD channels of course), etc. The work-load definitely looms over me. But then I'm reminded of one of my favorite pals who is in the process of doing the same thing...from SOUTH ASIA and I'm reminded that I'd better appreciate my tiny six-hour move. I'll be crossing the Red River while she's crossing AN OCEAN. (It's sad that I have to write "an ocean" because I'm not entirely sure which one she'll be crossing. I've failed my 8th grade Geography teacher.) So I suppose anytime I begin to feel the flutterings of moving panic, I'd better be thankful that a passport isn't required in my move. An easy way for God to say, "Ash...chill".

3 comments:

Sarah

So, I wish I could be smart and say which ocean she's crossing, but I haven't got a clue. I like your "big picture" thinking though. Although, vive yourself some credit, a move is still a move! And it's never fun. (Okay, the unpacking and decorating can be fun, but the rest sucks!)

Emily

Don't y'all worry - India's actually almost exactly mid-way around the world, so there are two options of oceans. Like most people, we'll be coming the Atlantic way, but some people do go the Pacific way. So you haven't failed anyone. :)
A move is a move! And you've got furniture and stuff to bring back! We can only bring back what we can fit in 8 suitcases/boxes, so that does limit some of our work. The logistical part of moving sucks, huh?
Can I just take a vanity moment and say how pleased I was to be mentioned in this blog?? haha!!

Melson

Grant...buy the girl some Fing boxes!!!

Post a Comment