CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Ye Olde Medevial Fair!

So this weekend, as is the April tradition here in Sooner Land, we went to the Medevial Fair. There is NOTHING that compares to the Norman, Oklahoma Medevial Fair. If you are a people-watcher, this is the place to go. Characters come out of the wood-work. Every April, I become like a child on Christmas. A child who rushes downstairs to find grown men dressed as knights and women wearing tails under the Christmas tree.


Take for instance, the fairest maiden in the land. Her loveliest of gowns, accompanied by her coolest pair of tennis shoes.


For some reason, I have a feeling that these men live in their mother's basement and come up only for breaks during World of Warcraft and mom's grilled cheese sandwich.

An interesting trend that I noticed at the fair was the addition of tails. Yes, like furry animal tails. Somehow this represents the Medevial period. Somehow. Just take a tail and stick it to your butt! You're ready for the fair!


One of my favorite fashion trends at the fair was not exactly Medevial, but it took me back to a simpler time. A time when a group called New Kids on the Block ruled the world.



2 comments:

Sarah

I take great offense to the New Kids remark. Jordan (and Donny?)had a tail, but with a full head of hair which makes it different! I heart Jordan! Whoa-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh. The right stuff!

Emily

No way, Donny was the awesomest!!
Ashley, how are your blogs always so funny? Oh did you know you were tagged on my blog?

Post a Comment