CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Mexico-Day 1 & 2

Grant & I just returned from Mexico last Thursday and had an amazing time. There weren't enough cameras to capture the beauty and fun that we experienced while south of the border. But as you can tell from the amount of pictures, I tried!

Our flight was early on Saturday, February 14th, out of DFW airport. While Grant & I waited at our terminal, a "Thank our Troops" volunteer came by and told us that U.S. troops were returning from Iraq and that we could help welcome them home. Grant & I hurried to the area where a large crowd had gathered and then came the troops. It truly was one of the coolest moments in my 26-year history. They all looked so thankful to be home, amongst Americans who were clapping and cheering them on. I was too busy crying out of sheer gratitude to even pick up the camera to capture the incredible sight.

Our flight was a little delayed in getting to Cancun. For me, as an uneasy flier, this was no fun. I was put in the dreaded middle seat and forced to keep my wiggles to a minimum. To make matters worse, upon landing we found oursevles in an hour-long line for customs. I did mention to Grant that it could be worse, we could be in line at customs in South Asia. I had to give props to Emily who I'm SURE had to deal with worse in her three-year stint on another continent. But when you're ready to begin your vacation, it's not easy to endure an hour of lines in a stinky room that resembles a basement. To solidify our traveling fun, our shuttle driver was pulled over by "la policia" literally about three minutes from our resort. It was a 20-minute ordeal but thankfully we made it to our resort: Catalonia Puerto Aventura. As the following pictures show, our crazy travels were TOTALLY worth it.

Our suite:

My favorite part of our suite:

The walk from our suite to the beach:
As it was Valentine's Day, we found Cupid making his way up the beach. He shot his arrow at Grant & made the happy couple kiss.
The resort lobby:
A Valentine's Day treat from the resort, waiting for us when we got back:

That night after dinner and a visit with the local vendors, we did some more sight-seeing of the resort. We found this gorgeous spa pool:Sunday morning we found even more gorgeous sights:
After a day spent on the beach where we lounged and snorkeled, it was time for another dinner. (Embarassing note: I had cake with every meal on this trip.) We met some friendly Canadians and shared some drinks.
The end of a perfect Day 2:

2 comments:

Sarah

what resort is it? It's so pretty. I love that orange dress you have. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see the other pics of the trip.

Emily

I'm so wanting to start planning a trip there now! Wow. You know how I love me some tropical vacations.
P.S. No matter if the customs line is 1 or more hours, it's STILL frustrating, you're right!

Post a Comment