CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pat Green!

I love those rare days that start off so ordinary but have a surprise up their sleeve. A day that is just waiting to make you say, "Wow...what a GREAT day!". I had one of those last week. I was finishing up with work when Grant called me.

"Hey, can you come downtown around 3 or 4?" (Grant, conveniently, works downtown.)

I sighed heavily, not wanting to fight the Friday rush-hour traffic to downtown Austin. Austin may be an amazing place to live, but its traffic is not listed in the "perks" column.

"There's a free concert down here this afternoon", Grant said, throwing out the bait.

"Well, where is it?", I asked.

"Aren't you even going to ask who's playing?", Grant prompted.

"Who's playing?"

"Pat Green."

And that is all it took for me to rush home, try to look as presentable as possible, and fly out the door into the dreaded traffic.

In college, I was introduced to Pat Green and instantly loved him. For those who know him before he hit it big in Nashville, he was a Texas-born singer/song-writer. Pat Green's country music is dedicated to the Lonestar State and has a cult following in the college crowd. Some of my favorite college memories include seeing Pat at Jitterbugs Dancehall in Nacogdoches, the Houston rodeo, and the Texas State Fair. Where Pat went, we followed. That's probably why getting to see him again last week was so exciting for me. It brought memories of college and fun with some of my very best friends. To those who screamed Pat Green's name with me at the front of the stage at Jitterbugs and sang at the top of their lungs to "Southbound '35" in the rain at the Texas State Fair...this one's for you. ;)


3 comments:

cmf9ferrell

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!!!! It has been TOO long since I have seen my country love! Thanks for posting the videos so I could see a glimpse! Love ya!

Sarah

Pretty cool! I agree that you look like old friends in the picture!

Emily

Yeah that picture is really cool! Hazel LOVED the videos...she stopped playing to come and dance, seriously. Poor girl only hears his new stuff on the radio!

Post a Comment