CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grant's first half marathon...

On Sunday, January 25th, Grant ran his first-ever half marathon. HALF MARATHON. 13.1 miles. I don't enjoy driving 13.1 miles, I can't imagine lumbering down the road for that distance. But Grant did it and did it well! I could not be more proud! Running a half marathon is an accomplishment that I know Grant is very proud of and I celebrate his big race.

Grant's best friends, John & Anthony, came down from DFW to run the race with him. I got plenty of pictures and videos the night before the race and the day of. Grant's big race has been well-document so that he can re-live it any time he wants.

Here is John doing some pre-race stretching the night before. I found it more than a little funny.


Grant showed us his fail-proof technique for staying warm.



Grant on Sunday morning (ridiculously early, I might mention) with his Austin Fit running group.

Grant with Anthony, John, and our neighbor Marco. They are EXTREMELY peppy for 5:45am.

The start of the race!


There goes Grant!

And here he comes! He did it! He literally ran from where we live in North Austin, to downtown South Austin near the UT stadium. Incredible!

Good job, runners! We are all proud of you!

1 comments:

Emily

Yeah I agree - 13.1 miles is something I'll never run. Which makes me that more impressed with people who do...Way to go Grant!!

Post a Comment