CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mexico-Day 3

On the third day in Mexico, Grant & I took a three-location snorkel trip. We were one of 6 couples, all from different resorts. Our first location was an open-sea area. It was a sea turtle habitat, but unfortuantely the turtles stayed away that day. We weren't totally dissapointed though!
Grant, exploring the deep blue sea.
Notice anything at the bottom? I think this made Grant's day.

Our sencond location was an underground river. Where are underground rivers? In CAVES. Very chilly caves. Grant & I were the first to plunge in. I will admit, swimming in dark water with all kinds of nooks and crannies made me a bit nervous but it was also beautiful. We met a couple from California on the trip who had a digital underwater camera. (Had no idea those even existed!) Hopefully they'll be sending us some pictures because our disposable camera did not work in the cave. :(
After a lunch of grilled chicken in the middle of the jungle, we hit our third location. An open cenote, complete with zip-line and 20-foot platform for jumping.

This is Grant, jumping off the platform.

Me on the zipline. The downward end of the zipline was attached to a dock so you had to remember to let go or face smacking into the dock face-first.

View from the platform.

The final cave that our tour-guide took us to. We weren't allowed to swim in this one. We could only stand on the platform and look at the "no diving" signs, complete with skull and crossbones. Wonder what goes on down there...

After we returned from the snorkel trip, we spent the rest of the afternoon lounging on the resort at the beach. Grant got me to do a little kyacking. He promised I could just relax and he'd paddle if I went with him. Poor guy...he got quite a work-out.

2 comments:

Emily

I would not like swimming in those caves! I think the sign meant there were pirates down there.

Sarah

I agree- cave swimming gives me chills. You and Grant are so friendly-- meeting other couples and making vacation friends. Terry and I are so anti-social. We'd be the couple like on Friends who give Monica and Chandler a fake name and number. We need to work on that...

Post a Comment