CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh the horror...

Call it vain, but I love my hair. I love the style, I love the way it fits me & my personality, and I love the compliments I get on my hair. If I heard someone else going on and on about their hair, I'd probably vomit a little bit. But then again--I've EARNED the right to a good cut. It's been a long road and this girl's hair has seen some TOUGH times. Not every single cut was bad, but I feel the need to reminisce over some of my more memorable looks.


Ahhhh...the "too short to crunch" look that we all know and love from Ashley's days as a collegiate. Nevermind the other girls in the picture. It was Halloween so their hair made sense. Mine didn't...ever.





Ok so maybe this picture isn't TECHNICALLY of me, but it allows you the full horror of the "mullet chop" of '02. That was a rough year. Cancer and a mullet. I made the mistake of letting my sister try out her "cute choppy" 'do on me. Lesson learned. I actually went out in public with my hair cut to bits by Erin. When I got home, my mom literally rolled on the floor laughing and COULDN'T SPEAK. Like I said, rough year. When I went to have my hair fixed by a professional the next day, the lady asked how old my sister was. When I told her that Erin was 18, the lady gave me a very sympathetic look. She must've thought that Erin was a special-needs child or lacked the full use of her right hand.





It might've been Halloween '04 but that hair 'o mine was unfortunately NOT part of the outfit. I was really reaching when I came up with the "streaky highlight" 'do.




I call this particular cut the "Pig-face-shouldn't-be-short" 'do. Though short, there's not a lot of style going on and the extra poundage on my face isn't helping things.



I call this look "dark disaster". Sadly, this picture was only taken a year ago but I still have the hair dye stains in the bottom of my tub to remember it by. Nothing about this 'do is especially good. In fact, Rusty's hair would probably look better on me than what I've got going on. Call me Elvira...



So maybe you can see now why I love my hair so much. It's my saving grace from pictures of the past. Pictures that will haunt me until the day that I lose my abused hair and opt for the ever-stylish old lady wig.

2 comments:

Emily

haha! What a great idea for a blog - see, I knew you'd be a natural. I actually liked the streaky blonde look. And I have a picture of your so-called mullet, and I think you look good. Of course, I have been living in a third world country for the past 2.5 years...

Sarah

I always liked your blonde streaks, too! But you're right- your hair now is really, really cute. Brag away.

Post a Comment